Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a new laptop, but I am locked out of log in screen,

Customer Question
Hi I have a...

Hi I have a new laptop, but I am locked out of log in screen

Technician's Assistant: What's the make and model of your machine? And how long has the screen been an issue?

Let me check the model it is a think pad

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No, I just received the new laptop yesterday I went through the initial setup I provided the microsoft office 365 email which is my company email and not sure what happened, but it is in alog in screen and it ask for email address and password

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Computer Expert to know before I connect you?

But I can't seems to figure out what is the right combination to get pass the log in page

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/16/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the make / model of your new laptop?

What's the email address showing on the new laptop?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

it initially was***@******.***
no, please just tell me what can I do to resolve this

Thank you. Do you currently have access to that email address on another working computer or device?

Do you have another working Windows computer?

is this really a Lenovo support person or just some outside company
why you just keep asking for more money

Please ignore the optional service. Lenovo does not fix password ***** and they charge a lot more. With remote support, you can see everything I do on the screen, and we have an A+ service rating at the Better Business Bureau website:
http://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403/
Remote support is quicker and easier for you as I will do all the troubleshooting steps for you. Also, this issue can be complicated. Otherwise, I will provide written instructions.

Do you currently have access to that email address on another working computer or device?

How about with a small amount as shown for direct remote support?
Please let me know your option; we guarantee our service. Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

how can you remotely log in if I can't even log into the log in screen

I would fix your problematic computer's password ***** through another working computer, if you have.

Please reply at the box below. Thank you.

please tell me how is that possible

The issue is with the Microsoft account password ***** your email address. I would fix your email address' Microsoft account password ***** your working computer, then it will work on the problematic computer. Thank you.

It looks like you set up a Microsoft password ***** your new computer earlier, but you have forgotten it.

I can also provide written instructions; it takes longer for you, but I can certainly do this way as you wish. Is there a Skip option you can use when it asks for the email address and password ***** the new laptop?

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further; we guarantee our service. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,