Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Someone called claiming to be from Microsoft and said all my…

Customer Question
Someone called claiming to...

Someone called claiming to be from Microsoft and said all my office programs needed to be reinstalled and he would help me do that. I told him I would call him back. As far as I can tell my Microsoft office programs are fine. What is happening?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact model of your computer? And what operating system are you running?

I think it's an hp Beats 2015. I have office home and business 2010. My unique ID is(###) ###-####227AF.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/14/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

This is a scam that has been happening a lot recently. No representative from Microsoft would ever call to tell you such things. These people want to "fix" things on your computer that aren't broken and charge you a lot of money to do so. Then they often put viruses in your computer to make more things go wrong so you have to call them again and give them more money. You did the right thing by hanging up and coming here. Do not call him back and if he calls again do not give him any information.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!