Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

Need a formula which will calcullate q-ty of points per week…

Customer Question
Need a formula which will...
Need a formula which will calcullate q-ty of points per week in Gantt-Chart
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
the File
9/14/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 11 months ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

I can help you with it. Please let me know how you want me to calculate it, What all factors needs to be considered and give me some expected results for few weeks so that I can test my formula against it.

Attached Gantt-Chart used for managing Team productivity per week. Gantt-Chart shows size of task. Chart indicate week (it marked by blue/green depends on status) on which this task was planned. I would luke to have a formula which will automatically show team velocity otherwords how many points per week was used. Points can be taken from Column G or J. Points should be calcullated in week when story was finished (e.g. if task goes from one week to enother then it should calcullate points in week when task was finished)
Data should be indicated in Raw #83 Ponts per week: (marked by yellow) under each week.

That I got it but I need to know how you want me to calculate points? What all factors needs to be considered and give me some expected results for few weeks

Can we calculate points by dividing Task Duration by Team Size.

Hello Bhavik,Thanks for Your fast reply, I am interested in sum of points which for tasks which was planned for specific week. For example, on week Aug'04 - there are 5 stories with following Size (Column G): 2+1+13+2 - so total Points per week should be 19 points. So formula should count time and how many points fit into that time range and show this value in marked area

I am sorry, I did not get how you selected only 2+1+13+2 sequence. I am not able to find/identify this in column G for Aug'04.

For ex. Why you have selected 13 to calculate total points for Aug'04

I'm put some details into file,please check, hopefully it will explain what I am looking
I modified file (simplify),trying to attach it, but +Add files button doesn't work :(
Oh, now it's work!
So, let me try to explain.Formula should show values in raw #24. It should analyze what dates from Column H and Column I fits in the specific week and then take values from Column G.For example, In week Aug'5 - there is one task with ID# ***** and Size 3 - so formula should put 2 in L23, for week Aug'12 - there are 2 tasks with IDs# ***** 4 and 5 and Sizes - 2 and 1 - so formula should put 3 in M24
Only one remark, that if task was large and was performed during 2 weeks, then points should be calculated in week when task was finished

okay, I got it. I have started working on it.

I tried doing it but my code is not working as expected. It is difficult to read the start and end data and identify on which week it is falling.