Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I was using the trial, and it expired. I purchased the

Customer Question
I was using the...

I was using the trial, and it expired. I purchased the monthly word today and went back to my document and all the formatting is now gone. is there anyway I can get that back?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

Lenovo ideapad. 2016 word

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

Unfortunately it automatically did and that is when the word stopped working

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/13/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 10 months ago
Ricky Expert
Ricky Expert, Computer Hardware Engineer

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question.

It sounds like your document was created on a previous version of Word, and when you installed the new version it changed the formatting. Unfortunately there is no way to restore this except by reinstalling the old version of Word. However, I would recommend against that. It is best to keep the most current version so your documents will look as you intended whenever you send them to people. The best thing to do in this situation is to redo the formatting yourself.

If you have any follow-up questions, don’t hesitate to ask. If finished, please take a moment to rate my service using the stars at the top of this page. Thank you, ***** ***** a great day!