Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Since Office 2000, Ive been using, repairing and teaching the basics of MS Office to anyone with a need to learn. Worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller .
19897260

I got hacked yesterday by someone claiming they were from

Customer Question

I got hacked yesterday by someone claiming they were from Microsoft. They gave a toll-free number and told me to call before I closed the page or they'd be forced to disable my computer. I didn't call and shut down the computer. Today I can't get on the internet!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Dell. Latitude E7440. Windows 7
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes, Comcast
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..

Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..

We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..

Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not..

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What password ***** the restore page want?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Your windows password.

Expert:  Dustin replied 1 month ago.

Hello again, I never heard back from you.. Did my suggestions help you solve the issue? If so, please click and submit a 5 star rating to show that I was able to assist you.

Ir you still need help, reply and we can continue working on this issue. If you no longer need help, still send a reply so that I can send you the refund link.

Thank you,

Dustin S