NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am having a word disaster! MacBook the newest, I believe

Customer Question

Hello I am having a word disaster!
JA: What kind of computer do you have?
Customer: MacBook the newest
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I believe it updated last night when I shut down my computer And now I can't access the document that I spent hours writing on last night It keeps saying that I don't have access to it Or when I try to access it via my recent documents it says it has been deleted
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Basically that I can see the document in my recent docs on word but not in the folder where I saved it in my desktop, so it's like it has been deleted, or that I don't have access to it anymore after my computer updated when I shut it down and connected it to power last night That's the total!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 month ago.

Hi there and welcome

Power off the mac

Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.

Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window

choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.

Click the First Aid tab.

Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.

Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").

Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.

Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.