Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I cant find the disk for Office 13, and will be repacing my…

Customer Question
Hi, I cant find...

Hi, I cant find the disk for Office 13, and will be repacing my C:\ HDD with a SSD --- I have purchased Office 365 --- but want to keep Office 13, just in case.

Technician's Assistant: When did you purchase your computer? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This is a second hand HP, about 15 months old now. Someone at your help desk took control of my PC when I bought it in did whatever was necessary to transfer the software over. I have no problem doing this again, but it seems like a pain for your people. Office is working okay on the HDD so no trouble yet .. but I expect trouble when I clone the HDD over to the new SDD. I can see the program files in the task bar, but I can't find the apps when using file explorer. There is a Folder called Office 15 ( ?? ). Would you expect all of the necessary software and drivers to work after I have cloned the HDD (across to the SSD)?

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/9/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist replied 8 months ago
Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech, Computer Support Specialist

I'm sorry about the issue. All your programs should be in C:\Program Files and C:\Program Files (x86), but don't worry about it. When you clone, everything, such as data, programs, settings, will be transferred over, so don't worry.

- However, if you have any issue with your Microsoft Office 2013, you can always go to the Office website below:

https://stores.office.com/myaccount/home.aspx

, then there, you can sign in your Microsoft account (that is associated with your Office 2013), then you can download and reinstall your Office 2013 there.

- Do you have any further question? And/or do you need anything else for now?
Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

It looks like you are not there. We can schedule another time.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

Perhaps you did not see my earlier email. Your website said this would cost me $5.00 and an extra $10 later. However $55 was taken out of my bank account. I did not authorise $55.00. I don't want advice at this price. I want the money refunded. Please ask your accounts people to send me a response.

I'm sorry. You would communicate with me at this page. I'm the tech, so I'll have our customer service contact you and fix the billing issue for you. We'll make sure the amount is only what you've agreed to, so don't worry. Also, can you please tell me if I have answered your computer question? And do you need help with any other computer question / issue today?

Please type at the box below on this page, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

I don't know if you have answered the query. It would be wrong for me to try when I am not going to pay! And, I am definetly not going to pay. If this isn't sorted out I will be going to the Department of Consumer Affairs. I have taken screen shots were your business advertised $5.00But, thanks for what you have done. I am sure that an on-line chat could have fixed the problem.

I'm sorry. I'm the computer tech, so I will have our customer service check with you on the billing soon. Then later on, if you'd still like me to help with any computer issue, please let me know anytime; we guarantee our service. Bye for now. Thank you for replying back.

I thought I saw an offer pop up that we could finalise this by email "off line". Very good customer service, but I don't want to pay $55 so I shouldn't be taking up anyone's time.The problem is, I thought I was talking to a product expert at Microft who would just give me a quick answer. I am doing all of this on my iPad. I have a tech support guy for my business. He will be doing the cloning. I don't need to know the detail. I just wanted to understand the issue when I talk to him on Tuesday.You helping me 'off line' by email will be wasted when my tech guy does the cloning. My time is wasted now because I don't need to fix it myself. I just wanted a quick, simple, answer from Microsoft tech support. They have helped before at no cost. I thought that $5 was fair this time. But not $55, this is 6 month's cost of Office 365.

I'm sorry about that; we also provide technical service, but since you do not need it now, then our customer service is canceling it per your request. Also, I think I have answered your initial question about keeping your Office 2013. Your Office 2013 will be transferred over to your new drive after cloning. If you need help with anything in the future, please come back anytime as you wish; we guarantee our service. Also, can you please take a moment to rate my service today for answering your Office 2013 question by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top right of this page, then click on Submit. Thank you very much,

Viet -MS Office Tech
Viet -MS Office Tech