Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am currently trying to generate an order form on Excel and…

Customer Question
I am currently trying to...
I am currently trying to generate an order form on Excel and I would like to insert a drop down menu with product specifications. This drop down menu will allow a client to have the option to order to more than one product if needed. But I would like this additional drop down to be hidden for the most part. I have attached a screenshot for a better visual. Thank you.
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/8/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 11 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

i am currently traveling, but if you can send an example excel file, with the output of some sample data how you want it to look, should be possible to create. I will take a look and get back to you later

Hi Andrew, thank you for your response. I've attached the excel sheet.

ok what cell do you want the drop in and in and where do you want to come frome

Hi Andrew,
I've attached another screenshot. The information squared in red, we would like to condense into a drop down for the space circled in blue. Essentially, we would like to create an option for our clients if they would like to add to their order.

so basically you want to be able to change to title in the bar higlighted in green? From selected titles?

can you give me the cell address where the info is to go. LIke A2 would be the 2nd row in the first column

i must appoligize, but I am having a very hard time with understanding your request, I will open your question up to other experts.

Microsoft Office Technician: hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist replied 11 months ago
hongkongpom
hongkongpom, Computer Support Specialist

Hi there what you need to do is highlight the cells where the information must appear. Then choose "Data" on the top ribbon.

Now choose "Data Validation" and then Data Validation again from the drop down menu.
Now in the "allow" box, click on the drop down menu and choose "List".

In the "Source" box, you can choose the source of the information if it's not on the same sheet. Or you can highlight the information from the same sheet. Now press "ok".

Now a drop down box will appear at the top right of the cell with the information that the client will choose.