Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have Microsoft Word on my computer. Can I import a file…

Customer Question
I have Microsoft Word...

I have Microsoft Word on my computer. Can I import a file from Microsoft wps to Word?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?

My Computer is a Dell. I have no record of the model. I installed Word earlier this year --did not subscribe to Microsoft Office--only Word

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/7/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 11 months ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is***** will do whatever I can to answer your question and will be back in a moment with my reply.

not sure what a wps is but, yes you should be able to import anything into word.

The thing you need to consider is that the formatting may look different once the file is imported, due to word using different fonts and styles, etc.

When word imports something it tries to import it as closely as possible.

To make the import work you may need to save it as a .rtf, rich-text format from whatever the source app is.