Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I am having a problem with Word--when I click on the circle…

I am having a...

I am having a problem with Word--when I click on the circle at the top left of the menu. It opens for just a second and then shuts off. How do I fix this? I reinstalled but didn't help.

Technician's Assistant: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?

It is my office computer which I have used for many years.

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

I think it automatically installed Microsoft updates periodically.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?

Only seems to be this program

8/18/2017
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or a Mac.

If its a Mac, please check the OSX version as follows, Click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac. And then where it says version, send that to me as a reply.

What version of word are you using?

It is a windows 7 professional with 2007 Microsoft office

I tried to accept your request for a secure remote connection ( screen sharing ) and it said payment failed. This sometimes happens if your bank or credit card company blocks the transaction and a quick call to them will usually lift the block

For further information you can call our customer service department.

1.***-***-****

This is normal, as it wants to ensure you want this feature. A quick call to your CC company will release it.

This is very common for your protection.

American express called me about the charge...please resubmit.
Hello?

You will have to resend from your side. It is not active to me once that happens to send. I will wait.

How do i resend?

This will help you. They can walk you through your side of it.

Use the chat or phone feature here and they will show you what to do.

As soon as it hits my side, i will accept.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/phone

Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Thanks for requesting remote assistance service. Please give me a few mins to prepare the connection link for you.

Please click HERE to start a remote desktop session with me. Thanks.

As discussed, please do NOT remove Office 2007 yourself.

Once available on Monday, let me know and I will try help you manually remove it and reinstall it in one more remote session (no extra charge).

FYI I will be overseas on Monday, might be a bit delay just in case my roaming service has any issue.

I will do it now

Okay.

I am pn your web site

Are you asking me to go back to your screen?

can you access and delete the program so I can reinstall?
How is it now?
It failed again...what are we going to do--I need this for work.
Are you in?
I am outside at the moment. Will be home in one hour. I understand your concern and will try my best to help you.
I left the office--can you access without me? If not, we will have to work on it monday am.
Okay I will try. Please leave the office product key on the screen. Thanks.
I am on the machine now. Working on cleaning up the registry again.
Thank you!
Will update you once done.

You also installed Office Project 2007 before? Do you have the key and media to install it again?

Not sure..would have to seach fot it to be sure. If it is a conflict, you can remove and I will figure d's something out.
Okay
Should I try to re-install Microsoft office on Monday?
I have manually removed Office 2007 and restarted the system. But I lost control as I could not log on.There are some updates to be installed by Auto Update. Once the update is finished, please try installing Office 2007.
The machine is back on--I remotely put in the password ***** opened it up. Office 2007 disk is in player--I had the key numbers accidently on you response line yesterday--are they still there by chance?

The key was cleared as I was disconnected then a new connection has been established. I am in at the moment. If you could leave the key somewhere on the screen, I can start the installation before going into the dream. :)

I wish I could but I am out of town until Sunday pm--I will try to install monday am and let you know what happens.

Okay. Thanks.

Is bbao available? I still am having issues with my computer--it will not let me reload Microsoft office 2007
Good Morning-
I tried to install but it still failed at the same point. What should I do?
Sorry to know about that. Any number for me to call you? I am staying overseas and not able to do remote access at the moment. Anyway, I can call you.