Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

I have an iPad Pro. I put excel on it and made spreadsheets.

I have an iPad Pro. I put excel on it and made spreadsheets. I would like to send the spreadsheets VI's email and have the recipient change them. How do I do that?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: MAke: Apple Model: I don't know the model, but I got it in April 2016. I do have the model no. If that helps. I also am on iOS 10.3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No. That update was installed when it first came out a few months ago, maybe?
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm very computer challenged, but you can probably can see that.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
In short. I want to send the spreadsheets which are Excel to another person and have them able to makes changes on them. How do I do that? Thank-you. Wendy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When do you think you will have an answer?

Hi Wendy, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

To answer your question, just create the spreadsheet that you want to share to other person, do not password-protect it or any of its parts, then send it as an attachment to your email to the other person. By default, the receiver of the email CAN download the attachment and save to his computer, and he can MAKE CHANGES to your spreadsheet. But please understand that the spreadsheet (Excel file) that he is MODIFYING is his copy of your original file only. His changes will NOT affect the original Excel file you have on your computer.

But if you want that the file will be "centralized", meaning the changes he makes will be available to you, please tell me so that I can give you the options to do it.

I hope that helped.

Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.

Thank you!

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience: Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I would like it to be centralized.Thank-you. Wendy
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Can both of us then make changes to the spreadsheet and the other person see the changes?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
When will that service be?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank-you. What happens if I end up not needing the Security Remote Attachment by the theme you get back to me
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Please cancel.

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for writing back and I am sorry for the late reply. I am just starting my day. Please tell me when you are ready and available to resume with this.

Wendy, to answer your follow up question, if you wanted to store a document in a central location and have the ability for multiple people to edit it, there are tools for that.

Sharepoint is the most obvious business choice, however, Google Docs is the free alternative to that.

Here:

https://www.google.com/docs/about/

You will need a Google account, and you will be given a storage location by default. It is very easy to use, and you can send direct links to documents and Excel files that you put up there to other people for them to edit. You do have the option of downloading those files, but you can also edit them online, which is what it sounds like you want to do.

Let me know if you have any more questions.