Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Why am I seeing these dots in my Word document: Word 7, HP.

Customer Question
Why am I seeing these...
Why am I seeing these dots in my Word document:
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: Word 7, HP. What's happening is I have a row of small filled in squares at the end of a sentence. Unfortunately I'm unable to cut and paste the row into this message.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Yes. Updates are done on a regular basis.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
8/18/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Isaac Franklin, Support Technician replied 3 months ago
Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

When you say dots, are you referring to crazy looking characters within the document/dots/markings etc?

To get started, I need to know what type of computer you are using, a Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10?

And is it Word 2007 you were referring to or is it another version of word?

Sorry, it's a HP Pavillion gc Notebook. I'm using Windows 10.

Can you try this for me and then try your docs again?

Hide the formatting marks.

• On the Home tab, in the Paragraph group, click the Show/Hide button ()

Send back the results in a reply.

The line of small solid squares is still showing.

Did you close word, reboot your pc, check other documents after you followed those steps?

Try that for me first.

i rebooted and checked the document and unfortunately it's still there. I have to leave right now. Can I log back on in about 1 hours?

I will be in and out all day. It is early. Take your time with your tasks. Just reply only when ready

to send me a fresh alert.

I;'m back sooner than I thought.

keyboard shortcut for showing, and hiding the symbols is Ctrl + Shift + 8.

Can you do this and tell me if it is 'hidden' still? Then reload document.

Done, and it's still there

Ok, let me open this up for you.

Please standby.

the row looks like a row of square bullets you would insert from the bullet library.
Microsoft Office Technician: P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager replied 3 months ago
P. Kumar
P. Kumar, Information Systems Manager

Thanks for choosing Just Answer.

I'm Kumar and I'll assist you today.

Is it possible for you to join a Remote Session so that I can check the issue myself.

Thanks,

Kumar

Is there an extra cost for this?

No.

Please CROSS any requests for Remote Session Offers if they come on the screen.

ok

Please click on the below link. Hit Agree. Elsinore client will get downloaded.Double tap on it and we are connected.

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=ca1c7485-3097-4003-ae90-7d613508f787

Hello, I'm available now to work on my document.
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast