Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Outlook 2016 - Set up wizard coming up Want to set up a POP…

Outlook 2016 - Set up...
Outlook 2016 - Set up wizard coming up Want to set up a POP 3 email account in Outlook 2016I have installed Office 2016 and I am now trying to create a POP 3 email account in Outlook 2016, but I am getting the Outlook wizard shown in the attached screen shot and I do not know how to get to the normal screens to set up a POP 3 email account on this installation of Office. How I get past this wizard screen to set up a POP 3 account in this install of Outlook 2016?Jerry
see attached.Jerry
8/14/2017
John, Microsoft Office Specialist

Hello and welcome to justanswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today.

Which pop3 email account are you trying to configure in outlook 2016 ?

Thank you

Note: - Use the reply box just below type the reply in it and click on send.

I do not understand this statement: Which pop3 email account are you trying to configure in outlook 2016 ?Is there > 1 pop3 email accounts?Jerry

You are trying to add a email account in outlook 2016 am i correct if so which email account is it ?

the email account will be ***@******.***Not sure I am following.Jerry
14 August 2017 11:17
The email account will be***@******.***Jerry

Is that your company/business account ?

Is that the email account you want to access using outlook 2016 ?

OK do you know this company email account settings like is it a pop3 or imap and the port numbers for it?

Did you see my above question if so please answer.

I know all of the POP 3 settings. I know my inbound outbound SMTP and port settings. The issue is if you looked at the screenshot I sent you I can't get to the normal Outlook setup screen. When I open Outlook I get the screen that I sent you

OK i saw it have you tried selecting the option Let me set up the account manually.In that you can configure the pop3 settings.

Are you asking to connect to my PC?

If you are referring to secure remote assistance message it’s not send by me it’s an automated message from the site and it’s optional but if you want me to connect to your computer and check the outlook issue i can do that.What i asked before was have you tried selecting the option Let me set up the account manually.In that you can configure the pop3 settings.

Got you. Yes I click option, but it did not take me or allow me to get to the normal setup screen
I will be back at my computer in about an hour and a half. I can pick this up then. Thank you.

Sorry to say i might not be online after one and half hour but once you are on the computer please try the following close outlook 2016 then click on start then type control panel and open it it.Then in control panel you can see mail open it then in mail setup window click on email accounts then in account settings window you can see new click on it and it will allow you to manually setup select that click on next then select POP or IMAP then add your name,email address,pop3 & SMTP settings then go to more settings and you can add the port numbers and all in advanced tab.Once its all done apply it and then use test account settings to see if its working.

Let me know how it goes and if it doesn't work then i will connect to your computer and check it tomorrow if that is OK with you.

Okay. I will let you know.
Thanks.

Sir checking to see whether you tried the above method to add your company pop 3 email account in outlook 2016?

Sincerely,

John, Microsoft Office Specialist
John, Microsoft Office Specialist