NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I'm using Microsoft Office 2013. I just bought Office 365.

Customer Question

I'm using Microsoft Office 2013. I just bought Office 365. How can I set up my existing email accounts in Office 365 without losing emails, etc.?
JA: Have you checked for the lost email in your Trash and Spam folders?
Customer: In my 2013 folders or 365 folders?
JA: What email provider are you using (e.g. Gmail, Yahoo, etc.)?
Customer: I have four email addresses through a local provider, Easystreet.
JA: Anything else you want the email expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else I should be asking at this point?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you today.

Can we go ahead with a secure remote session so that I can migrate your emails and accounts over to Office 365 now?

Please reply at the box below; thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm not ready to make the transition yet. What I really want to know is whether, when I install the new version, will my existing data, etc. be transferred automatically (or easily) to the new version, or will it be a cumbersome process? As for email, I now use Outlook, but my personal email addresses (4 of them) are all tied to a local ISP.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

OK; once you install Office 365, your emails and accounts from Outlook 2013 will not be automatically transfered to Outlook 365 itself. However, we will be able to transfer the email files manually onto the same without any issues, along with setting up the four email accounts as well. Do keep me posted.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK. Thanks.
Jim
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

If you would like me to provide you with written instructions on transferring your emails and accounts, please let me know. Else, I can set up a free remote session (ignore the paid offer shown by the site) and assist you directly with the same as well. Thank you,

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks, Bryan. Written instructions would be helpful.
Jim
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 months ago.

Hi again, please accept my apologies - it will take a while for me to type up the steps on here, so let me open up your question to our other experts who might be able to assist further without a remote session. You will be automatically notified by email when another expert picks this up.

Expert:  jinsmn replied 2 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Can I remote onto your Machine and have a look at your problem? It’s fully secure and you can see what I am doing at all times. If you wish please accept my remote support offer and let me know your time zone and the time period you prefer for remote support. Then I can send you the details to connect.

Regards
Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I haven't installed the new version yet. I'm not ready to take the time to do this, and I have too much work to tie up my computer today in a transition I don't need yet. (I bought the new Office version as part of a transaction involving a new additional computer, which hasn't been delivered yet.)Jim
Expert:  jinsmn replied 2 months ago.

Okay, take your own time. When you are ready let me know. Then I can assist you.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you, Jins.Jim