Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have excel sheet has formula as = IF(J16=

Customer Question
Hi, I have excel sheet has...
I have excel sheet has formula as
= IF(J16= "","",IF(OR(J16="Yes,J16="NA"),0,75)).
I need to add one more formula in Cell 23 to recognize IF cell J16 = NA then make the score is 0
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
8/6/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 11 months ago
George Sibiya
George Sibiya, Computer Hardware Engineer

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for utilising our services.

I am reviewing your question and will post back shortly

Regards,

G

please try

=IF(ISBLANK(J16),0,IF(J16="Yes",75,IF(J16="NA",0,75)))

And let me know if it works

Sorry my mistake.The formula in O22 contains = IF(J22="","",(IF(J22="Yes,25,0)))I need to add another formula in O22 along with above to have 0 score if J22 answer is "No" and "NA"

Ok thanks for the feedback. Justa moment

Alright please try this nested ifs

=IF(J22="","",IF(J22="Yes",25,IF(J22="No",0,(IF(J22="NA",0,IF(ISNA(J22),0,IF(ISBLANK(J22),0,"")))))))

I wasn't sure whether to use J16 or J22 you will advice

I tried that but give me blank whenever the answer is yes and still shows the score even if i changed the answer to no or na
Please note that O22 has already formula to Calculate the score if the answer in J22 is yes or no. What i need is to keep the formula and add one more to have 0 point instead of 25 if the answer in J16 is no or na

Mhhh... ok let me revise it again

So the formula should check values in J16 and J22 to decide on the value for O22 right?

Right.
If the answer in J16 is yes then O22 answer will be taken based on the answer from J22 and if the answer in J16 is no or NA then O22 should be 0

Ok thanks I'll send it whortly

The following should be almost there

=IF(J16="","",IF(J16="Yes",IF(J22="Yes",25,IF(J22="No",0,"")),IF(J16="No",0,IF(J16="NA",0,""))))

Thank you very much. It's work perfect with given codes. But how can it can be worked with below=IF (J24="","",IF(J24<=8,0 IF(J24<=10,10,IF(J24<=12,20,"STOP")))).I need to do same thing with previous when J16 answer is No or NA the score in O24 will be 0

Ok great. Let me have a look just a sec

So you had missed a comma in the above. It should be

=IF(J24="","",IF(J24<=8,0,IF(J24<=10,10,IF(J24<=12,20,"STOP"))))

In O24 you can have:

=IF(J16="No",0,IF(J16="NA",0,""))

Which only handles No and NA in J16

Please advice if I missed it

This one is already in O24 =IF(J24="","",IF(J24<=8,0,IF(J24<=10,10,IF(J24<=12,20,"STOP")))) I need to do same thing with to have 0 point whenever the answer no or NA in J16

Oh ok, a moment please

Alrigth, this should work:

=IF(J24="","",IF(J16="No",0,IF(J16="NA",0,IF(J24="","",IF(J24<=8,0,IF(J24<=10,10,IF(J24<=12,20,"STOP")))))))