NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have had a recent HD crash. I have been re-installing

Customer Question

I have had a recent HD crash. I have been re-installing files and programs from bk-ups and from original program files. I have re-installed Outlook 2013 from my registered website with MS. But, the installed Outlook operates differently from what I have had experience with. I receive new emails into my InBOX. If I open each received email and then subsequently go to another box (such as sent or trash or what ever) and then return to INBOX, I find that all my received emails have been deleted. They have not gone to TRASH, I have checked there. They simply do not exist. Where have they gone and what setting to I need to change to stop this automatic dump?
JA: How much experience do you have with this particular machine?
Customer: I have had this PC for a number of years but this is a new HD and a new installation of Office 2013.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I am not entirely sure. MS is set to install updates as they arise. Their may have been an update within the past 14 days since starting to re-install my software.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I can not think of anything else.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don't miss anything, please give me a few minutes to review your question. Thanks.

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Basically do you mean all emails managed by Outlook 2013 have been gone for no reason?

What are the email addresses? Have you checked the email portal via web to verify if everything is okay at the server side?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
If I have looked at a new email, but without fully opening it and then go to another pane, such as "Sent " or some other and then go back to my INBOX, all emails that I have viewed in this way disappear. I have no idea whare they go to. They do not go to trash. If the emails are still marked as unviewed/unread, they remain, but any that have been viewed disappear.I don't know anything about the "email portal" via email? Thus, I do not know any about the server side.Richard
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Are you still there? I have not heard back from you in many minutes???
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
bbao,where are you?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Australia. Are you in Canada?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.

Hello, are you still here?