Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I upgraded to MIcrosoft 10 now my contacts and calendar

Customer Question
I upgraded to...

I upgraded to MIcrosoft 10 now my contacts and calendar don't work. what happened?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

HP touch smart 600

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

The one for microsoft which caused all the problems

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?

I don't know

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
7/31/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast replied 11 months ago
PC_Wizzard
PC_Wizzard, Computer Enthusiast

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble.

When did you do the upgrade?

About a week ago

Did you upgrade from Win 8 or did you only upgrade the Win 10 version to a new build?

I was using Windows 7 and hit the update by accident.

I would suggest to revert back to Windows 7

To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows

when i go to Recovery there was no option to go back to windows 7.

Ok press the Windows button and type in “go back” and see if you see "Go Back to Windows 7"

it gave me a complicated series of steps to do I want to be sure I won't loose my information.

Do you want me to connect to make sure?

why can't i have windows 10 and my contacts and calendar?

We can try to restore that
What did u use? Outlook?

are you still there?

Yes did you see my previous message?

Can I connect remotely?

I signed in to the remote assistant. God this is getting complicated.

Not sure where you signed in - I did not provide the link yet?

Please click the link below and select I agree and then please download the secure remote

Assistance client file and open it

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=813eb209-cd2c-4065-85b3-134542ed1a54