NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a Word mail merge program that runs through selected

Customer Question

I have a Word mail merge program that runs through selected members of a certain table where the date sent is empty. It prints receipts for donors and in the body of the program it enters the date sent into the table so that receipts won't be printed for the same donation again.It used to work fine and printed the data only once. Recently, it has printed the whole current set of receipts but once it completed and even after the program was closed for a short period, it suddenly starts printing the whole set again.What can be causing this problem?How can I determine the data set that is the source of the data for the print of the program which was developed a long time ago?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Kris Rodgers replied 2 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to help you today. I may have some follow-up questions to help me better understand your question.

Hi
Sorry for the delay, we are busy and I've just got to your question.
Can you let me know when you're ready to look at this and we will make a start.
Thanks
Kris

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Let's start

Can I connect and have a look?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The problem is not currently on my machine
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I can send you a copy of the program which worked without a hitch for a long time on my machine.

Is it possible to allow me to connect to it once your on it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No because the problem is not here

OK - another expert would be best suited assisting here as there is no connection so I will opt out and allow them to pick this up.

You will be emailed when they pick this up

Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
please send the Word document and any other files to here for review. Please be aware that it is recommended to compress all files in a single ZIP file otherwise most file types (formats) won't be recognised by the site when uploading to here. Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Where do I send them to?
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Click the ADD button ("+" sign) around the chat window to upload a file.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm sorry but I didn't expect this level of interaction at this stage. I would need some time to mask the data and right now I am backed up with other activities. I will have to get back to you in about 3 days.
Expert:  bbao replied 2 months ago.
Sure. Take your time.
You are right, removing private or sensitive info from document is necessary as the files posted here are publicly visible. Just please buzz me here again once you are ready. Thanks.