Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  Over 10 years work experience.
30759776

I have a Dell/Vista computer and my computer is updated to a

Customer Question

I have a Dell/Vista computer and my computer is updated to a Windows 10. I just got a surface pro laptop and I was wondering has my Windows expired yet and or do I need something else?
JA: What's the brand/model of your laptop?
Customer: This is my computer from home I am talking about because someone called me a few times and I thought they were scammers saying I need to get a new Microsoft pin number because my has expired on my computer is this true?
JA: What have you tried so far with your Microsoft? Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: I am not sure I always update it when it say update that's all I know and were they scammers that called?
JA: Anything else you want the computer expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No not really I just want to know if this is expired or what going on
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 months ago.

I am sorry to hear about your problem. My name is ***** *****, I am a Tech Expert with over 20 years of experience and look forward to helping you today.

It is good that you questioned the scammers on the phone because that is what they were, scammers. Windows never "expires". This is a very common scam in which the scammers will call and try to sell you 'updates' that are not required.

In short, as long as you didn't give them any banking information, you are good to go. If you did give them any information, it is best that you contact your bank now and make sure that they don't send any payment to the scammers.

If you have any further questions, please let me know.

Rating me on the top of the page doesn't cost anything extra. Rating is how I am given credit. If you don't rate, doesn't give you a refund.

I would really appreciate it if, you could take a moment and rate me on the top of this page by clicking the Stars and clicking the Submit button on the top of this page.

Thank you,
***** *****

In the future, if you wish to work with me, ***** *****, you may ask your question at the following page that you may bookmark/favorite, if you wish. To be sure that it is sent to me, preface the question with --For ***** ***** Only!--

My Profile page:
http://JasonFixedit.com