flopcat98
flopcat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

I made a group in Outlook 10 and now I cannot find it. I

Customer Question

I made a group in Outlook 10 and now I cannot find it. I type name in search bar and says "no results"
JA: When did you last update Outlook?
Customer: Don't know.
JA: What have you tried so far with your Outlook?
Customer: Looking in all group folders, Outlook, Outlook data, personal email. When I type group name in "To" for new email group appears, but I cannot find it to add new members
JA: Anything else you want the software expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: yes, how much will this cost?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Lorenz Vauck replied 2 months ago.

Dear Client,

I am sorry to hear about that problem. My name is***** am a tech expert with 17 years of experience and will help you as good as I can.

Can you please first let me know if it sends out emails just fine to all members of the group if you add that group to the "To" field?

Please type in the box below, then click on the "Send" button to send me your reply.

Thanks for your patience and best regards,

Lorenz Vauck

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
sends out emails to all members of group. Expands properly. I just cannot find the group in contact lists to adjust group members

Thank you. That is really odd indeed. May I remotely connect to your computer, so that I can resolve the problem for you while you can relax and watch me doing it on your screen? If I am not able to help, you can get a refund and it is a very safe option too because we are an A+ accredited business with the Better Business Bureau. Additionally, you will be watching your screen, and we will chat there as well so that you will always know what I will be doing next while fixing the problem.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
thinking about this...
Seems a bit creepy to allow a total stranger access to your computer in this day and age.
Anyone can say they have A+ BBB rating.
What can you walk me through for my $5 investment?

Oh you can easily verify this here:

https://www.bbb.org/greater-san-francisco/business-reviews/professional-services-general/justanswer-in-san-francisco-ca-82403

Your investment so far was not $5, but ~$40, the $5 are just the initial deposit.

How should we continue?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I feel ripped off. So I need to add $39 to the original $40?

Sorry to hear that, I can´t do anything about the pricing, I am just the technician. Yes, the remote is $39 additional, comes with no time limit and a statisfaction guarantee, of course.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What can you accomplish for $40? I'm not sinking any more $$$ into this.

Without seenig your Outlook, I cannot really say a lot what the issue might be. I will have to check various aspects with your Outlook installation, settings and your Windows, malware, etc. This can happen for many reasons. Alternatively, I can opt out so that another expert has the change to help you by text if they feel that they can do this (which I doubt, but I might be wrong). Please let me know.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Forgot it. I will just chalk up this experience as paying $40 to have an inane text chat with a total stranger. Perhaps this will give you something interesting to discuss at dinner. Thanks anyway.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 2 months ago.

you want to be in the contacts section

give me 2 minutes and i will find exact instructions for you.

i seem to remember that to add members you have to create or edit the contact and then select "add to group" and it will pull up a list of groups that you can add it to

1. On the Navigation bar, click People to view your contacts.

2. Under My Contacts, click Contacts.

3. Double-click the contact group that you want to add members to.

4. Click Add Members, and then choose the list that you want to add a contact from. For this example, choose From Outlook Contacts.

5. In the Search box, type the name.

6. Double-click the name to add it to the Members box, and then click OK.

7. Click Contact Group > Save and Close.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This did it! Thanks for the guidance.

you are very welcome

sorry but outlook is a pain with contacts these days

anyway i would really really appreciate if you could take a moment to give me an excellent rating

there should be some stars or smiley faces you can click

but your rating is very important to me. it is the only way that i can receive any credit from this website for my time

thank you