Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am using Form Fields in MS Word trying to render a number

Customer Question
like 4.56% but the characters...
I am using Form Fields in MS Word trying to render a number like 4.56% but the characters are all coming out on top ofeach other
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: chevy impala
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no, word 2016
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: windows 10
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Microsoft Office
7/14/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: bbao, IT Consultant replied 4 months ago
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
> the characters are all coming out on top ofeach other
What type of form files is it? At where? Can you please upload a screenshot or simply give the document for review? Thanks.
Here is a screen cap of how the doc renders (see the typed over fields on the right). The Form Fields are set up with parameters as shown. There are some details on the other page of the form field that define a ratio.
this works fine in Word 2013.

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Can you upload a sample document please?

here it is. It is the result of running third party software (they deny issue on their end).
are you just opening document in word 2016 (or 2013?) and it looks fine? FYI, I am heading home momentarily for the weekend.
I opened it in 2013 directly.

Any feedback please?

Problem remains unsolved. Can I cancel this request? How does this site work?
bbao
bbao
bbao, IT Consultant