NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

When i try to open microsoft word, it says powerpc not

Customer Question

when i try to open microsoft word , it says powerpc not longer supported? what should I do. I am not very "computer savvy"... Just trying to work on a spreadsheet that was sent to me . The person said it is in Microsoft Excel. Can you help me.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: its an apple desk top. I mac - late 2009 I Mac - late 2009 . How do i look up version of word?
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: In the top right corner, its keeps saying "update ready to install. Some apps currently in use are preventing automatic updates. Did no t know what to do about that either. I always install updates when they appear on the screen.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: thats all i . is that enough info
Submitted: 14 days ago.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 14 days ago.

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Are you trying to open MS Word? Or MS Excel?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess