michelleclive
michelleclive, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Indept expertise on MS Office package
26798893

Workbook tabs have disappeared. how do i re-instate them?

Customer Question

workbook tabs have disappeared. how do i re-instate them?
JA: What programs and versions are you using?
Customer: excel 2007
JA: What is your ideal outcome? How can we solve this for you?
Customer: i have workbooks that have page tabs at the bottom of each page to scroll thru the document. for some reason they have gone away. I want them back
JA: Anything else you want the programmer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  michelleclive replied 2 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert working with you today to help and resolve the problem you have posted.

You are at www.justanswer.com
I am sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I will try my best to help you out and resolve the problem as quick as possible.

Is the problem is all excel documents or any one

try the below

click the Microsoft Office button on top left...Excel Options....Advanced category....under Display options for this workbook, make sure the Show sheet tabs check box is selected.

once you have checked the option, check if the tabs reappear or not and i will guide you further

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
that is already checked. the only way I can see the tabs is on the "full-screen" option. I used to be able to see the tabs on the regular screen view option

Open the View tab and in the Window group click Arrange All and then Tiled and OK.

try this..also try resizing the excel window

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
winner!!!!! Thank you!

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. Feel free to ask if you have any question. Please provide a rating for the service, effort and the time by clicking on the stars located in the upper right corner of the page. In case the problem still persist or you have more question then simply use the Reply to expert or click on the “Continue Conversation” button on justanswer email and I will be happy to answer your question. Thank you