Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Microsoft Office expert
50836188

It's not just Word, but Excel as well. I bought a new Dell

Customer Question

It's not just Word, but Excel as well. I bought a new Dell computer with MS10 and installed the MicroSoft package of software tools using the download process (i.e not the disks). It started out working fine, but it hasn't been able to start these programs on the first try for some months and I have to cancel. It will engage only on the second try. Last MS update was a few days ago. Using Malwarebytes.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: Inspiron 3650. How do I check the version of Excel? It's about 1 - 1 1/2 years old since installed.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: No, about 1 to 1 1/2 years ago using the license provided to me by the store.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

In the box at the bottom that says "type here to search", type in Control Panel then press enter

Select Programs and Features

Right-click on Office, and select Change.

Select the option for Online Repair

After the repair, please try to open the programs now and let me know the results.