NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am using Outlook on a Mac and my bt email keeps

Customer Question

I am using Outlook on a Mac and my bt email keeps downloading hundreds of old emails
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Russell H. replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Have you recently installed or recently configured Outlook, on this computer, for BT email access?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, It has been working for years

Has it been using the same old BT email account, only, all those years?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, It has been working for years
Yes, same account

Then I'm puzzled to explain it, at this point, and will have to ask some questions about what is going on, please:

1. what do you see, what message(s), to indicate the downloading of old emails is going on?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, It has been working for years
Yes, same account
In the bottom RH corner it sa=ys it is downloading say 900 emails

Do more emails (the total number) appear in your Inbox, by that amount? e.g. 900 more ?

Or do they appear in some other folder, not in the Inbox?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, It has been working for years
Yes, same account
In the bottom RH corner it sa=ys it is downloading say 900 emailsIn the inbox

Have you been cleaning out emails or old emails lately?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No

Since your problem is on a Mac computer, and I have no clue even after all this time spent on the case, as to what is causing the problem, I have Opted Out, in favor of another Expert here with abilities at both Outlook and Mac problems of an exemplary and thorough kind. Thanks for your patience meanwhile.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
I do not think this is a good service, please cancel my free trial an DO NOT take any money from my account.
Expert:  caraleneK replied 4 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is ***** ***** having all this problems with your mail box .

How is the account set up? There used to be issues with POP3 accounts, where the server and client don't complete their communication properly, so the client thinks its got the email, but the server doesn't, so the next time the client requests "new" emails, the server sends it the same ones again.

Go to setting and see if you use pop3 if yes move to IMAP. POP is your problem.

Waiting for you feedback