NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Our computer guy just installed word 10 on my office

Customer Question

Our computer guy just installed word 10 on my office computer. I was formally using Word 7 and was very comfortable with it. Now, I'm trying to get used to the new software. In Word 7, there was a function that allowed me to put a ruler at the top of the page that assisted me in changing margins when I need to and changing indentation when I need to. In the Word 10 program, I have been unable to locate such a ruler and I need it. Can you help?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: I don't know how to find out the make and model of my computer. I know there is a window I can open and I've done that before, however, I simply don't remember. The new Word software that I'm attempting to use is Word 10 so I can use NaturallySpeaking Dictation Software.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: The computer automatically updates on a regular basis. The word 10 software was just installed today.
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Emanuel Flores replied 4 months ago.

I see your asking in how to insert the ruler back on Microsoft Word.

Perhaps I can be of assistance today?

Inserting the ruler back on Word is very simple. I can guide you through it when your ready.