NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

Running Word for Mac 2011, version 14.7, Mac OS Sierra

Customer Question

Running Word for Mac 2011, version 14.7
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mac OS Sierra 10.12.3
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Word 2011 Update 14.7.0
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have hundreds of saved 'docx' files that I cannot open
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** will be assisting you today. I am sorry to hear that you are having such troubles and I will try my best to help you. I'm a computer business owner based in Scotland - UK. I have over 10 years experience in computing and a Bsc Bachelors Degree in Computer Science.

I will try and assist you, please give me a few moments to go over the question and I will look into this for you. Please be aware that we are very busy and you may have to wait for a response, replies to you are not always instant. We appreciate your patience.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks, Jay. I keep getting a message about "dot.Normal template" -- I've tried Text Edit, etc. to no avail. Your help is appreciated.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I'd like to know the nature of the problem, e.g. "obsolete version of Word," or, "Try using this app" before incurring further costs beyond the $39 I've already committed to.
Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

Okay i am looking into this for you and will come back to you shortly. Jay

Expert:  Jay D replied 4 months ago.

I believe that office has become corrupted, can you try removing it from the mac and then reinstall office and see if the documents will open, if not we can try a few other fixes. Please try and let me know. Jay