NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

We have an excel sheet that we share on our server that is

Customer Question

hello We have an excel sheet that we share on our server that is saying is locked for editing my me and I've not got it open, what can I do? As I need to edit the sheet?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: i have gone to task manager and nothing is open there either Office 365 Excel 2016
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: We did go to a new server on Friday but it was working fine yesterday except that our it people were working on it yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: as in they were working on our new server yesterday no that's it. Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be helping you with your question today. Please give me a moment to review your question and respond.

There is also an "owner file" that you may have to delete to release the lock.