Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I have a graph with irregular intervals on the X-Axis how do…

Customer Question
I have a graph...

I have a graph with irregular intervals on the X-Axis how do I get my line to stay connected?

Technician's Assistant: What kind of computer do you have?

Mac

Technician's Assistant: Have you installed any updates recently?

No

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of at the moment

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have a graph in Word that I edit in excel. Its a ten week graph. The first four weeks I only want to record data once a week. The remaining sex weeks I want to record data twice a week. the points for my first for weeks are connected. I have my intervals set at half weeks.
3/21/2017
Microsoft Office Technician: Russell H., Computer Systems Expert replied 1 year ago
Russell H., Computer Systems Expert

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

That can be done fairly easily.

With the graph in view, right-click on the graph background, choose

Select Data

then go to

Hidden And Empty Cells

and change the normal 'show empty cells as', to

Connect data points with line.

If this does not work in your version of Excel, let me know, and tell me what version of MS Excel it is exactly, and I will give you an answer that exactly suits your version.

If this answers your question, please rate my answer. A five-star rating would be appreciated!

(Use Reply To Expert to respond as needed.)

Thanks.