IT Miro, Computer Scientist
Experience:  Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Microsoft Certified Professional
30721786

I have just downloaded Windows 10 from my previous Windows

Customer Question

I have just downloaded Windows 10 from my previous Windows 7. My MS Office will not open w/o a product key which I don't have since the Office came with the computer. I purchased from Best Buy and they could not help. Cliff
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Office are you using?
Customer: Gateway DX4300-15e, 2010
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no but a lot of good stuff is in Excell and Word which I dearly need . Thanks
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

To better understand the problem, please tell me what is the MS Office version that came with your computer?

Type your reply below.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Office 2010
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

OK. Do you know the edition? Such as Starter, Professional, Home and Student, etc?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I'll open it and get back in a minute
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Home and Student
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

The Home and Student edition requires product key. If you don't know it or didn't receive it, your options are:

1. contact the Microsoft support and explain the problem. They will ask you for a proof of purchase (receipt) before they could give you a product key

2. switch to the Starter edition that is free and doesn't require product key, but has less functions than the Home and Student edition

Let me know how you wish to proceed.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
OK I'll take it from here Thanks.
Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

OK. Sorry if I wasn't more helpful, but it is how it works. I am here for further assistance if needed.

Regards,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 9 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,