bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

I've converted a pdf file into an excel file. When I do it's

Customer Question

I've converted a pdf file into an excel file. When I do it's all messed up.
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: I'd like to know if you use remote desktop to help me fix it in excel.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Running windows 10 not sure what version of excel this is.
JA: Anything else you want the microsoft office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Can you please simply upload the PDF and your Excel file so I can determine the reason?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I want to know how to format the excel file so it's readable like when it was a pdf file. Is this something you can show me by remote desktop or not?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
you there?
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

It looks like an OCR result from its PDF or image source file.

In this way, all text and numbers are mixed in on cell therefore structural data can be separated and formatted accordingly. I don't think it is a good practice to directly reformat the Excel file due to the mentioned issue.

It is recommended to OCR or covert a PDF like this into a CSV file, in where all information fields are delimited by "," or space. After filtering the CSV content if necessary, import the CSV into EXcel and format it accordingly.

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.
Hello, did your try my suggestion? Any feedback please?
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Do you still need help?