Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I am working with two separate Excel spreadsheets full of

Customer Question
Hi Pearl! I am working...
Hi Pearl! I am working with two separate Excel spreadsheets full of data. One is within a MUUT file format and one is just a regular sheet. Is there anyway to easily merge the two files--even if there are different columns at play?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: I am using Windows 7...It's a Dell. Please let me know what other information I can give you.
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of. This is an office computer, so there may have been updates installed without my knowledge. Should I run an update?
JA: Anything else you want the microsoft office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I think that should be it. Unless you can think of anything else?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
11/3/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Kris Rodgers, IT Manager replied 1 year ago
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Can you explain what you are trying to do?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Kevin,
I have two separate Excel spreadsheets--one is in a MUUT file status (I'm preparing it for a website we are working with) and the other is a normal Excel worksheet. I was just wondering if there was anyway to merge them (or certain rows) instead of having to manually re-enter everything. Please let me know if I'm not asking this correctly... I have used Excel many times before; however, have not had to merge multiple sheets. :)
Thanks!
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Honestly, if possible...I would love to try and do it on my own. Please let me know if you need more information.

Can't you just copy the colums?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
There were originally three different databases that had VERY different columns and data, so it isn't matching up very well...that is why I'm a bit hesitant to copy and paste something that isn't going to match up with what it needs to be with. Does that make sense?

How can we relate the rows?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
That's a good question. :) I'm trying to currently do that. If I do figure out a way to do that...is it fairly simple at that point? Would it be as easy as copying and pasting? I feel like there has to be more to this.

Can I connect so i fully understand.

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast