Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I can't figure out what is wrong with the formulas in this

spreadsheet. Highlighted cells represent...
I can't figure out what is wrong with the formulas in this spreadsheet. Highlighted cells represent the problem. The level should be progressing but is not. The formula in Column F should give the value of column AE based on a match of column E to AD. The formula in column G should progress to the next level (match column E to AD +1) if the value in column F is equal to AE (earnings achieved at that level).
Spreadsheet can be downloaded from: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2h40t4nwx0xg11a/Rev%20planning.xlsx?dl=0
10/19/2016
Kris Rodgers
Kris Rodgers, IT Manager

How's it going.
Let me read of your question. Give me a minute.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I'm overly frustrated. I've been trying to debug these formulas all day long. I'm finally giving up and hoping a fresh set of eyes can quickly see my error. I'm open to any options - i know there are several ways to go about finding the values.

The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

its getting kind of late where I am and I would be happy to work with you tomorrow

Perhaps if you could provide a description of what you are trying to accomplish, what your goal is, perhaps there is a better way to achieve it.

Zabo04
Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast

It's a rounding issue.

Had to truncate column AD to 2 digits, otherwise match didn't see the same values to find a match. Look at the attached file.

I still have a question regarding column G. Your problem statement says if the value in F is equal to AE, but your function looks in AG

=IF(E12="","",IF(E12<$C$3,IF(F12=INDEX($AG$9:$AG$19,MATCH(E12,$AD$9:$AD$19)),INDEX($AD$9:$AD$19,MATCH(E12,$AD$9:$AD$19,0)+1),""),""))

Did you mistype the formula or the question?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

F should be looking to column AE. H should look to Ag and every other column thereafter should look to AG

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Sorry, a better explanation:

The first level's $ paid out has to look at the total compensation payout of the initial level (AE) because they don't all start on the same level. Therefore, the first formula looks to column AE. All of the rest of the $ paid out columns look to column AG because it's always just a single level of compensation.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

That solved it for me. Thank you so much! I corrected the error you pointed out and everything is perfect on the spreadsheet. Give me the prompt to rate your service. We're all done!

Glad to hear that fixed it. Thank you for letting me know.

Zabo04
Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast
Zabo04
Zabo04
Zabo04, Computer Enthusiast