NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I keep getting error messages when I download excel or word

Customer Question

I keep getting error messages when I download excel or word files. When I try to open them these error messages occur
Excel error message reads: "this file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Please install a program or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Program control panel."
Word message:
"word experienced an error trying to open the file. Try these suggestions.
*check the file permissions for the document or drive
*Make sure there is sufficient free memory and disk space
*open the file with the Text Recovery converter
I ran a scan of my computer for viruses and nothing came up. Can you please tell me how to fix this so that I can open Microsoft downloaded files. I do not have an issue with pdfs, only Microsoft files. Thank you.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Viet -MS Office Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. When did this issue first occur?

Do you have windows xp, vista, or 7, or 8, 10?
Can we do a remote support session, so I can troubleshoot the issue directly on your computer together with you?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you,

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

I have windows 7.

Please give me instructions on how to do a remote session. Do I go to 123logmein?

On your computer, please click on the website below in order to connect with me remotely:

http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=d9d9bcb6-71fa-4b49-bae0-8463e20a45aa
, then allow the Elsinore.ScreenConnect program to download/run/open when prompted at the bottom.
Note: If it does not connect within 5 minutes, then please reply at the box below and let me know. Thank you,

I'm sorry; I'm out of suggestions and time for now, so let me open the issue to other experts.

In the mean time, if needed, you can download / install the OpenOffice program for accessing your documents:

http://www.openoffice.org

Thank you for your patience,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you.
Please tell me if the original issue is still there?

I am awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 11 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.