bbao
bbao, IT Consultant
Experience:  CISM / CISSP / MCSD - Azure Solutions Architect / MCSE - Cloud Platform and Infrastructure / MS MVP
96068672

I received a spreadsheet and I am trying to determine how

Customer Question

I received a spreadsheet and I am trying to determine how they calculated a % of completion rate. All that is present is a bar graph.
The formula is this
='Implemented Data'!$A$1:$A$12,'Implemented Data'!$E$1:$G$12
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Hi There. I am Bing and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Basically, there is no calculation in the given formula, it is just a reference to ranges in another worksheet named "Implemented Data".

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Therefore you need to check the worksheet "Implemented Data" for the particular formula, if the given ranges there are not another reference.

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

FYI - Create or change a cell reference

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Create-or-change-a-cell-reference-c7b8b95d-c594-4488-947e-c835903cebaa

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Does it make sense for you?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Bing, This is what I thought. The part I'm confused about is the fact I do not have a worksheet titled "Implemented"
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

BTW, if the given worksheet can't be found by default, I think your Excel will prompt a File dialogue box to ask you locate the particular worksheet.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not sure what you are referencing when you say a File dialogue box will appear. Are you saying that they actually are pulling the data for the calculation from another workbook?
Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Basically, yes. they are references to data source.

As shown in the attached screenshot of the "Total Open" sheet in your workbook, see the formula line, they are references to ranges in the same worksheet, specifically from a pivot table giving the data source. I believe it may well explain what I mean. :)

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Probably the highlighted version can explain that better, see below. Just hope it helps.

Expert:  bbao replied 11 months ago.

Is there anything else that I could help with please?