Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer
Experience:  Product Developer at Computer Science Corporation
94617175

Need to display a running total at the lower right of an

Customer Question

Need to display a running total at the lower right of an excel sheet. How do I freeze the last row on the screen so that it's always viewable? And then when I print, will that total be on the last row of the final sheet?
JA: What's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Excel are you using?
Customer: Sorry ... I should have stated. Macbook Pro. Looking at excel version now. Standby
JA: Have you installed any updates recently?
Customer: Using Excel for Mac 2011, version 14.6.8 (160830). Always update with whatever ones I'm notified about
JA: Anything else you want the Microsoft Office expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 10 months ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Please attach your excel file here .I will send you back with the modification you need in it.

Yes, It will be visible even when you print it.

If you are facing any problem in attaching it here then you can upload it to dropbox, Google Drive etc and send me its link.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here's the file
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi, Bhavik ... have you received my file? Working it?

Yes, I am working on it. I will get back to you as soon as I am done with it. It is bit tricky as we have freeze top row as well

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you, sir!

I tried many things but both bottom and top frames can not be freezes at a time so now what we can do is either we display total in the first row as well using a formula or we can add watch window to you excel file. With watch window , Print option won't work.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Explain "watch window"

Just a min, I am sending you a sheet.

This is how it will be visible in your sheet.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Will it print? And where, if so?

In this file , I have added watch window at the bottom, It will be visible always and it's value will change as soon as the value of total changes but you won't be able to print it.

Attaching again.

Not sure, Why I am not able to send you the file properly. Let me rename it and try again.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay ..... let's go with the watch window. So ... you'll return my file in working order with that capability, right?

Yes, I have already sent it to you.

If you want me to do it in your other original file then I can do it as well really quick or else if you want me to do it in front of you then I can remotely connect to your machine and do it.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
because the file you returned is my original without the capability. I did receive an example of what it would look like but that wasn't a working version.

Ok, Got you. So you are sending me original file or you want me to connect to your computer ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here's my original file again.

I am sending you small offer so that I can securely send your file back to you using drop box.

I think it is same(file which you have sent to me recently) . Please check and confirm.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Okay ... let's hold on here a minute.

ok. I am on stand by

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
You sent me a fie that supposedly has the watch window capability. And you sent that a couple of times. All I see in what you sent to me was my original version without any watch wind showing. Now you want me to pay an additional $5 in an effort to send it to me via drop box. I haven't used drop box in ages and don't even know if it's still on this laptop. Honestly ... I am loathe to spend more money and, in fact, feel like I should get my initial cost returned to me since:
1. the solution isn't what I wanted, though ...
2. I was willing to accept an alternative solution, but ...
3. you can't get that to me without me spending more money
Somehow, I feel as though I'm being taken advantage of.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I don't mean to sound churlish, but I'm losing my calm demeanor.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Awaiting a reply

Oh. Okay,If you don't want to avail that then it's okay. I was just thinking that you may have some confidential data in it and you don't want others to see it that's why I though of sending you that offer. Generally, With most of my customers,I go with that option.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have no confidential info. I'm trying to create a report template with some .... what I thought were .... simple requirements. So what now? Are you telling me that we're ending this help request with it unresolved and that I will be refunded my initial cost?

Just a min, I am sending you a file.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/edgyttfx2b0ukyt/Please%20see%20this%20file.xlsx?dl=0

Here is the file.

Please provide your rating to me as well. As we have worked together for the first time that's why may be you could not get my intention.

I am awaiting your rating now.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I've downloaded the file you recently sent and there's still no watch window. Is there something added I need to do to display that?

Click on enable editing and then scroll the watch window to right side till you see Total in it.

Did you get it ?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I'm working on a Mac. Where do I find "Enable Editing"? I know where it is on a PC but I don't readily see it here.

I think, It automatically pop's up on the screen when we open the sheet for the first time. Are you able to edit the sheet which I have sent to you ?

In the mean time , It would be great to get a rating from you. Your rating means a lot to me and will always motivate me to give extra efforts on this issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Nothing popped up when I first opened the sheet. I am able to enter data in any cell but my primary objective --- despite my willingness to accept a watch window solution --- is not visible anywhere.

Not sure why but I can see it on the file which I have share with you. It been a long long time on this issue.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we're done. Goodbye.

I think I should not continue with you anymore. You have been very harsh throughout and it is very disappointing. I think I have wasted my time working with you.

I know so people does this intentional when they do not want to pay.

Treat whatever I have done here as a free service and enjoy your rest of the day. I am opting out. Good BYE