Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

Needing help to pull data from an Excel report into a word

Customer Question
document. Basically to create a...
Needing help to pull data from an Excel report into a word document. Basically to create a pull ticket for PTA spirit wear order fulfillment. The spreadsheet contains columns of merchandise with the style & size in the header row. Only the quantity is in the cells. I only want the items with a quantity to show up in the document & if there's a quantity, include the header to indicate size.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I used Mail Merge Manager in Word to pull in the Excel cell headers that could contain quantities. Cells that are 0 are actually blank so only those with a # will pull through. What I need to see is if I can somehow add if there is a quantity, it also adds the heading title.
9/27/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer replied 1 year ago
Bhavik Joshi
Bhavik Joshi, Computer Software Engineer

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Could you please attache the your excel file and some sample output file.I will try to pull the way you want.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
here's the spreadsheet I'm pulling the data from along with a sample of the report we did last year. I have the word doc set up to do this, but don't want to include the items that are not part of the order. We have 12 items, but most only purchased a couple of things. I only want their ordered product to show up on their packing ticket.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
for some reason it won't let me attach the word doc saying it's too large so I've included a screen shot of how I have it set up. Right now, these would show each of the 12 item headings regardless if they ordered. Last time, I had to go into the spreadsheet to include the size in each cell that contained a qty. Surely there has to be a better way!
NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast