Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I have a galaxy s6 with microsoft word for android. I need

Customer Question
to be able to edit...
I have a galaxy s6 with microsoft word for android. I need to be able to edit offline. But everytime I open my files they open to read-only. This is true for files I've downloaded from email attachments or from google drive.
How do I get rid of this horrific read-only lock on my files on my android phone so I can edit offline?
Marie
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
9/8/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Mr.Med, Other replied 1 year ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other

Hi, I'mCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP.

You can open Office files stored on your andoid phone, you'll need to have opened the file in online mode at least once. You can work on it offline after you have opened it. You can save the file on your disk when offline. If you downloaded the file from an online location, such as emails, SharePoint, OneDrive, or Dropbox, your latest changes will be synchronized automatically with the online version. If you make further changes while offline, you'll need to save your changes by tapping File > Save.

Hope this help

Thank you

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today, If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the stars below, positive ratings are appreciated. If you still need help please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help.

Note : Only rate if you are 100% satisfied, please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied.

Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, Other