Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Support Technician
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

I had a word document open and it saved over a previous word

Customer Question

I had a word document open and it saved over a previous word document!
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your computer? And what version of Word are you using?
Customer: I believe it's windows 8
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried to go to info and restore previous version and that doesn't work
JA: The Microsoft Office expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Yes thank you, ***** ***** !
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I know you have tried to restore, but please try this again for me in the exact steps to check first?

http://www.eightforums.com/tutorials/25799-file-history-restore-previous-file-versions-windows-8-a.html

Let me know what happens. And we will go from there if needed.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay thank you

You're welcome. I will be here for your update on results when done.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Okay can you help me?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
What happened is that I had a word document and it saved over another word document

I can send you a remote support, but there is another fee if you choose to accept it.

I can connect to you by sending you a link and go thru your computer while you and i chat

together there if you prefer?

Friendly reminder.

If you would like to have a more hands on support through Secure Remote Assistance, I will send you an offer and I will be able

to log in and perform the fix for you. We offer this as an easier solution for clients. It is 100% guaranteed

money back if we cannot resolve your issue.

If you would like to continue with written instructions, that is absolutely fine as well. Just click the reject when you see the

offer and we will continue immediately in this manner going forward.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
More fees ? What?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How much have I already paid?

No, that is only if you want me to connect with you to do it for you. Optional only.

If not, we can do this written as we are now. The link i sent you is a guide step by step

it will show you exactly what to do if you want to do this on your own? And i can type back to you here if you

run into trouble.

Did you see the guide i sent you?

I apologize, but i cannot tell what you have signed up for with billing etc. It should have been in emails you

signed up with?

I cannot see billing portion of your agreement. I am only technical support and only see the questions after

they come in once you sign up. I can give you customer support info if you want to talk to them. They will know?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok so a link with information was sent to my gmail account?

The message i just sent you, there is a link on it. Please click it and you will understand when you see it what to do.

Were you able to follow the instructions on the document i sent with any success?