Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I need an excel formula to calculate the following: If

Customer Question
I need an excel formula...
I need an excel formula to calculate the following:
If revenue is less than market rent, then pay 66% of revenue as adjusted rent.
If revenue is greater than market rent, then pay 5% of the revenue less the market rent paid.
Not sure if this can be done on a single line since the first part calculates adjusted rent, but the second part would need to reference the adjusted rent to see if it exceeds the market rent.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/23/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Jason Jones, Computer Technician replied 1 year ago
Jason Jones, Computer Technician

I am the person that will be helping you today. May I take a look at the document in question so that I can put together the formula for you?

Please, be forewarned that the site is not secure:
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
Please, send your reply below in the box. After you type your message, click the Send button.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am unable to upload file to Wikisend as you request. Get error message, "We are sorry, but the requested file doesn't exist or has expired and is no longer available." Tried several times. Please advise.

Please, upload it to the following page and give me the download link that it gives you: http://www.megafileupload.com/

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
http://www.megafileupload.com/7ow3/Danville_Business_center_v3.xlsx
Line 12 in red is the problematic line.

Thank you.

Please, walk me through this calculation using cell references. IE: If C8 is bigger than C10, then you want this to happen. Etc, etc.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I C8<C11, then C12 should equal the %in $B$49 of c11 (this part is easy).
If C12>C11, then pay the % in $B$50 of C8, less the amount in C11.

Part of the description is missing. So, if C8 < C11, then C12 equals $B$49 * C11.

Where does the next formula come in? Will that be for the same cell?

Is the next formula only done if C8 > C11 or is it done in addition to it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The second part only applies if the result of C12 > C11.

Okay. In which cell do you want this formula?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I we need another cell to calculate the desired result, we can use c13 which is blank or you can insert row beneath C12.

Okay, I think I have it. Please, take a look at the document I attached. Does that work?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Not sure we are there. Ideally I want a single line to show the result I call Adjusted Rent to be Paid (Line 12). This would be carried across the sheet. If C8*$B$49 is less than C11, then show C8*$B$49. If C8*$B$49 is greater than or equal to C11, then show C8*$B$50 less C11.

In your formulas, you use line 12. How exactly do you want the layout to be displayed?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
As on my original document, Line 12 is a dollar amount to be paid based on the calculated variables we discussed.

Okay, I placed the formulas in Line 13.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok, is there an updated document for me to review?

The one I sent you has a LINE 13 in it. It is highlighted the same color as Line 12.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Based on the current values, calculations should produce the following results:
H12 should be $11,596, which it is. (H8*$B$49).
I12 should be $14, 207, which it is NOT (I8*$B$49).
Not sure we're on the same page.

I am pretty sure we are not on the same page. How does H12 and I12 effect the values? You mentioned a few cells, but not those.

This is the first time I have seen this document. Please, explain to me what the values 'should' be and how those values were obtained.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Everything we have discussed for column C is designed to carry across the sheet. I am looking to columns H and I because that is where I see the current calculations go wrong. If you review my initial descriptions, it is not hard to do these calculations manually. I'm just trying to create a formula to do them across the sheet.

We are having trouble communicating and I apologize for that.

For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.

The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.

When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.

Thank you for your patience.

- Jason

Microsoft Office Technician: The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager replied 1 year ago
The-PC-Guy
The-PC-Guy, Computer Manager

are you still looking for help with this, if so, please use

sendspace.com to upload an example file of what you are looking to do.

NewITZone
NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast