NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I am working on a skills assessment and I want to know if

Customer Question

I am working on a skills assessment and I want to know if there a way I can have an invisible value in a cell or some way to easily highlight where a value is less than desired levels for instance - if a manager were to type an "L" in a cell (say somebodies excel proficiency is "L" for low) but the desired level of proficiency for that job is "H" and that "H" is in the background somehow so when you hit a button or generate a report or something, you can easily see where proficiency is less than desired levels?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** help if I emailed you a screenshot of the spreadsheet so you could better understand my question?

Yes, That would be really helpful. Please attach that image in this chat box

Please attach your excel file as well so that I can directly start working on it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would let you remote into a personal computer but all I have is my work laptop right now.

Okay, You must have got automated notification on it. You can ignore it as of now. Whenever you need me to remotely connect to your PC, Let me know I will send you request for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to do the remote thing please just see the attachment for now.

Yes, I have your file opened with me

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what I am wanting is to give a manger a version of this spreadsheet except the role column would instead be names of employees and the boxes of desired levels of proficiency would be blank. But when the manager was done filling out an employees assessment he could hit a button or do something so that where the employee scored less than the desired levels would be highlighted.

okay , Got you. I will start working on it and get back to you with my questions if any.