jinsmn
jinsmn, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12+ years experience in computer field.
50064670

I started having a problem this week when i export to excel

Customer Question

i started having a problem this week when i export to excel off a website software we created, the function or command code is activexobject(exel, application) has worked for years, allows the user to download a report to a spreadsheet. now it when you do this process no data shows in the excel spread sheet? it does not work in excel 2016, but works in older versions of excel? trying to find a solution, people depend on this report.
i need a solution thanks dennis
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dennis, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about your issues. Is the export process resulting to an Excel file? And are you saying that the file is blank when you open it?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
on the software website we have code that says activexobject(excel, ... and it has worked for years, it takes a report and converts to excel, you have to have excel on your pc but it works great, but this week a few clients it does not work, it downloads but the excel spread sheets have not data in them when its done? hope this helps
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Can you give me the URL of that software website so that I can check it myself? Or is it for your clients only?

Also, have you experienced the problem yourself when you export the said report to Excel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
here is code<script language=javascript>
function exportToExcel()
{
var oExcel = new ActiveXObject("Excel.Application");
var oBook = oExcel.Workbooks.Add;
var oSheet = oBook.Worksheets(1);
for (var y=0;y<MainTable.rows.length;y++)
// MainTable is the table where the content to be exported is
{
for (var x=0;x<MainTable.rows(y).cells.length;x++)
{
oSheet.Cells(y+1,x+1) =
MainTable.rows(y).cells(x).innerText;
}
}
oExcel.Visible = true;
oExcel.UserControl = true;
}
</script>
<a href="#" onClick="exportToExcel()" >Export to Excel </a>
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your website if i pay 5 dollars down and get the answer i need i pay you 48 dollars? whats up with this extra charge? i dont like nickel dime me, your website stated the cost up front to give me an answer? i can go else wheres and cancel this?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Dennis,

I am very sorry if I was not able to help. I will now opt out so that my colleagues can assist you further.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you cant help cause you want me to pay you more? is that it?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cancel this request, not what i expected! I go else wheres!
Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 year ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking AAthe “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

It sounds like, the issue is with internet explorer security settings. So please add url to trusted sites and make the following changes also.
Click on the gear icon on top right corner of Internet Explorer and click on Internet Options

Click on Security tab.

Click on Trusted sites.

Click on custom level.
for "ActiveX controls and plug-ins", and for "Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe for scripting", select Ask or Enable option.

Access your website and

Regards

Jins

Expert:  jinsmn replied 1 year ago.

Click on Security tab.

Click on Trusted sites.

Click on custom level.

Access your website and check the result.

Regards

Jin