NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

From the attached list, I need to identify the closest re

Customer Question

From the attached list, I need to identify the closest hire date for each employee before 5/1/2016. For example Employee 11351 has the following dates 3/6/2012, 8/1/2013 and 8/19/2013, the report should return a value of 8/19/2013 but employee 20697 has the following dates 1/22/2014, 8/21/2014 and 6/3/2016, the report should return a value of 8/21/2014.
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

So it would be the hire date that is less than 5/1/2016? And then you want a report generated that has an employee number for each employee that matches the requested hire date formula as well as the hire date that matches. Is that correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok. And how soon do you need this done? I'm not going to be working much longer tonight but could continue on with it tomorrow morning as long as you're not in a rush.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like it by Tuesday morning
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Oh, ok. That's not a problem. I'll get started on it a little tonight and send you updates and questions if necessary.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
still waiting for your reply/updates.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

The question had been closed so I did not think you still wanted me to work on this for you. Did you request a refund? If not, I apologize and can get back on it tomorrow morning.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still need an answer. I really just need to know how what formula to use, so I can duplicate on an ongoing basis