Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office questions? Ask an IT Expert for support ASAP

I need help with creating and showing a secondary horizontal…

Customer Question
I need help with creating...
I need help with creating and showing a secondary horizontal axis. I want to label a time on the lower axis and a date on the top axis. I have both these values in columns in the spreadsheet. Please help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Microsoft Office
6/21/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

What version of Excel are you using?

Can you send a sample or dummy Excel file with the chart and data for me to work on?
Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess, I send you the Excel spreadsheet in question. The chart is at the bottom of the data columns at approximately row 780. This is a chart of hourly temperature for one month. To review, my problem is that I am unable to post column J, a date, along the top of the chart. I want to post the date at increments of 24 data values (one day increments). I guess this would be called a secondary horizontal axis. The primary horizontal axis is at the bottom of the chart and is posting time of day of the temperature recording.You will observe that the chart is a "combo", posting the continuous temperature data in "line" type chart, and posting the other non-continuous data as "scatter" type.To me, this should be easy as it is common for scientific data display. If you can figure out how to make Excel do this, I hope you will demonstrate the method to me in an online session or otherwise explain it to me in an email. I will gladly pay the fee of $39 if you can achieve the chart display I require.I hope to hear from you soon. Good day, Monte Naylor
Jess, I am using Office 365 recently updated. Also, I attach a slightly simpler version of the spreadsheet "broomfield...". The chart of the first file I sent you used a sub-set of the entire data. To simplify the data selection, I removed the unused data that might have caused confusion for you.If you want to call me, my telephone number is(###) ###-####
Monte Naylor

Sorry for the late reply. Please give me a moment to check your requirements.

Jess

Hi, I am sorry but I am out of ideas. Please allow me to opt out so that other experts can help you further. You will be notified when other expert join you here.

Thank you.

Regards,

Jess