Microsoft Office

Microsoft Office Questions? Ask a IT Expert for Support ASAP

Microsoft Office

I scanned a spreadsheet and I need to pull it into Excel and

Customer Question
add the rows and columns. When...
I scanned a spreadsheet and I need to pull it into Excel and add the rows and columns.
When I saved the document after I scanned it, I opened it in Excel and I can't remember how to go about the Text Import Wizard. Can you help me?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Microsoft Office
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/10/2016
Microsoft Office Technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 1 year ago
Richard, Software Specialist

Hi there and welcome

The text import you use via the Data tab, in the Get External Data group, click From Text. Then, in the Import Text File dialog box, double-click the text file that you want to import.

You then follow the onscreen steps to do this

If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
How to convert my scanned off file into excel so I can make changes

did you see my last message Suzanne?

I repeated it below

The text import you use via the Data tab, in the Get External Data group, click From Text. Then, in the Import Text File dialog box, double-click the text file that you want to import.You then follow the onscreen steps to do thisIf you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What is the Data tab? I don't see if when I have PDF file open.

It is in Excel Suzanne.

It is there you do the instructions, within Excel as this is where you are importing into.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.

Richard, Software Specialist