Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have a question regarding Microsoft office 2011 . I had my

Customer Question

I have a question regarding Microsoft office 2011 for MAC. I had my computer die and the computer saved the word document I was working on as a recovered file. When I got back on I made a bunch of changes to the recovered file. I mistakenly closed the recovered file without saving changes thinking that the original file had the changes. Is there a way to recover the recovered file that wasn't changed?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

The only way you have a chance is to open Word then the document

Then hold the power button on the Mac until it powers off which simulates a crash

then power on the Mac, open Word and if possible it will go into recovery mode to allow you to recovery the document.

Let me know the results please.