NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have been successfully running a module on my Windows XP

Customer Question

I have been successfully running a module on my Windows XP machines. When I try to run it on a Windows 7 system, I get a runtime error 429 - can't create object. The error is coming at a "create object" command.Can you help?
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi Dave. My name is***** you for your question and the opportunity to assist.

What software program are you attempting to run on your machine?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Microsoft Access
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Which version of Office is this from?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2007
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Right-click on the Access icon you use to start the program and select Troubleshoot Compatibility

After it checks "Try Recommended Settings"

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

If you're still getting the error, open Control Panel>>Programs and Features.

select Microsoft Office 2007

click Uninstall/Change and run the Repair option

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Opened properties after right click. Found compatibilities tab. No reference to "Try recommended settings". There is a checkbopx for "Run this program in compatibility mmode for:" an a greyed out drop down box having Windows XP - service pack 3.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Do this instead

open Control Panel>>Programs and Features.

select Microsoft Office 2007

Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Hi. Has the repair completed?

You mentioned earlier that you were running Access on Windows XP and are now running it on

Windows 7. Is this a new install of Windows 7?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't receive your last 2 messages. I will check the box to use the xp service pack 3 option. If that does not work, I will proceed with your next instructions. I will let you know.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

OK. Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After selecting the xp-service pack 3 option, I continued to get the error. The error in question is being received on at least 3 of the Windows 7 machines. Before proceeding with the Windows 7 repair...don;t yo think it is odd that the error is occurring on all of those machines?Also, should I have noticed any computer activity when applying the xp service pack3 option? I did not.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

You wouldn't see anything onscreen after selecting the SP3 option.

Can you tell me the background on all these machines running Windows 7?

It is very odd. Office 2007 should have no problem running on Windows 7.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I checked with our IT guy, and there was nothing unique about the Windows 7 installation. The machines were purchased and installed on different occasions. As I mentioned, I am reluctant to proceed with a multi machine repair. Some internet searches for this error have narrowed it down to a file "msrdo20.dll" file. Are you familiar with this file and its potential for error.I will not be able to respond again until Thursday am.Thank you.
Expert:  Byron replied 1 year ago.

Where did that file name come from?

Is that part of the error message you're receiving?

Are you running a Windows domain?