Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience resolving Microsoft Office Issues
32989067

I have Microsoft Office (2007 I think) on this old laptop

Customer Question

Hi - I have Microsoft Office (2007 I think) on this old laptop however have a new PC and want to load it on there. Can't find my old Office CD that I would have used originally. Is it possble to somehow load the same version on my new PC? Im reading about product keys but dont know what this is or where to find it on this laptop
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeJust to clarify Anna, you have lost your Office 2007 disk correct?And do you have access to your old Laptop at the moment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank youWhat you need to do is get the product key, which you can do by running this program on the old Laptophttp://www.belarc.com/free_download.htmlYou run it and then see the product key used with office, once you have it you then on the new computer use this linkhttps://www7.downloadoffice2010.microsoft.com/o12/registerkey.aspx?culture=en-GB&ref=o12Enter in your Product key and you can then download Office from there to install it I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please. Else let me know please how you go.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i'll see how i go first - thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok so i've run it and can see under software versions & usage that MS Office 2007 and the version is listed as 00.0.0000.0000 numeric....where do I find the product key?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You will see it under Software licences.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ahhhh think i found it....its a 25 alpha numeric yes?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Correct