NewITZone
NewITZone, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  I have been using Office Pro for 10 years and implemented applications for business use.
53509759

I have a table with the following headers: Customer name, Yearly

Customer Question

I have a table with the following headers: Customer name, Yearly Subscription Revenue, Start Date, End Date.
My objective is to have a dynamic pivot table that would calculate the revenue per time slice for each customer. For instance if I have a yearly revenue of 12'000 and the pivottable has grouping by months in column, it would indicate 1000 per month. Grouping by quarters would result in 3'000 and so on. Ideally, the calculation would take into account the start date and end date of the contract... Any ideas ? :)
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Redcell2k replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Can you please let me know if you are able to attach a copy of your spread sheet to your reply ? I believe I can set this up for you if you are able to send across what you have so far for me to work with, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can upload a starting file. It is more complex than my original question, since the poitn was to get the basic mechanism of the structure. See the attached file. The sheet "Cloud Revenue" represents a static view of what I am trying to achieve, more or less. The "Sheet2" would represent the a first approximation of the data source as I would like to have it. Sheet3 contains my unsuccesful attempt at using a Pivot Table to try and reproduce the content of the "Cloud Revenue" Sheet.Don't hesitate to ask further questions if needed.