Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Specialist for more than 10 years
49766785

My footer is appearing in the middle of my excel sheet instead

Customer Question

my footer is appearing in the middle of my excel sheet instead of at the bottom - help!
Category: Microsoft Office
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brandy, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.Can you please send me a copy of your excel file so that I can check and fix the problem for you? (Just remove sensitive information in the file you will send me).You can use the paper clip icon in the reply box to attach the sample file here when you reply.Thank you. Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure - here you go. But please explain how you fix it - because this happens to me all the time. thanks!
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the sample file. Please give me a moment to check the file and fix the problem for you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for patiently waiting.Here is the fixed file. Download using the link below:http://filesxpress.com/d-43a4d367Please let me know if it is working from your end so that I can describe to you the process I used to fix it.I hope that helped. Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It worked! Please let me know how you did it. thank you
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am glad that it is now working.In order to ensure that the footer is placed at the bottom of the page, please do the following:Open the file in ExcelEdit the Header and the FooterAt first, it should show you the Header, use Go To Footer command to go to the Footer areaWhen you are in the footer area, the bottom cell of the page MUST contain the footer. In your sample file, it appears that the footer is dragged at the top of the page. So click on the CENTER and bottom cell, then select the PICTURE command to add the picture in the footer.Here is my screen shot:http://filesxpress.com/d-58049ab8 Once you have that layout as shown in my screen shot, the picture shall then be contained in the center and bottom footer cell regardless if the image is showing at the top like my screen shot.I hope that helped.Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!If you need further assistance, please do not rate me negatively with 1 or 2 faces. Instead, please reply to me so that I can help you further.Thank you!Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jess
I'm not quite understanding ... I go to VIEW - header and footer. once there I don't have a 'go to footer' command. just 'customize footer'. this gives me boxes for left, center, right. but I'm not sure what you are referring to 'bottom cell'. I don't know how to get to what you show in the screen shot.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly show you the process?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.
Hi Brandy,How is it going? Were you able to follow the steps I gave you regarding the footer? Can I remotely access your computer so that I can show you the process?Please let me know so that I can send you the procedures for remote access.